Sucrose-Based Excipients for Pharmaceutical Products
Life science products serve a growing, but heterogeneous market which is driven by rising requirements for superior drug efficacy, technical performance, regulatory and safety compliance. This market requires high-quality sucrose-based excipients for applications like pharmaceutical drugs, non-prescription medications, food supplements, and wellness and beauty products.
Our various sucrose-based excipients work for many common delivery forms such as galenic liquids, compressed tablets, granules, powders, lozenges, coatings and even pharmaceutical chewing gums. They can fulfill various functions such as acting as a filler, as a binder, as coating material, as an anti-adherent (reducing stickiness) or also as one of the key functions of sucrose: taste – masking unpleasant flavors of active substances and making pharmaceutical products more palatable.
When you work with us, you will gain a reliable and trusted partner. We will support you with the high-quality excipients you need to guarantee your customers the high-performance formulations they expect. Of course, our versatile excipient portfolio is based on 100% natural sources.
During its production, our “Ph” Sugar for pharmaceutical use is subject to rigorous qualitative monitoring, according to sugar industry specific methods validated at a global level within the framework of the ICUMSA (International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis).
Our control plans integrate regular analysis (excluding dextrins and endotoxins) according to the methods of the European Pharmacopoeia in force (sucrose monograph). Based on the results of our control plans, our “Ph” Sugar references meet the requirements of the Sucrose Monograph of the European Pharmacopoeia (excluding dextrins and endotoxins).
for Your Formulation
Our broad range of sucrose-based excipients feature excellent dissolving properties and are designed to offer you the ideal product for your high-performance formulations and applications.
In addition to our high-grade, calibrated, icing and liquid sugars, we offer you a specialized selection of excipients in our COMPRI® range, which we have developed for the strictest requirements of the pharma industry.
Overall, all our Südzucker sucrose-based excipients also maintain one key advantage that still makes sucrose the ingredient of choice in the food industry. Sucrose is added to make preparations more palatable, giving pleasant sweetness and for masking unpleasant flavors of active ingredients.
Sucrose is also naturally preferred as an excipient due to its outstanding technical features such as good processability, high solubility, good product stability, providing bulk and texture, preservation, i.e. extending use-by dates and good flowability characteristics.
The following products in our portfolio are produced in pharma-compliant quality.
Our versatile excipient portfolio is based on 100% natural sources, is 100% clean label and allergen-free. For more detailed product information, please click on a product in the table below or jump directly to Südzucker’s unique excipients:
|Agglomerated Products||Crystalline Products||Liquid Products|
|COMPRI® Sugar||Extra White Sugar||Higher Grade White Sugar||Icing Sugar (Fine)||Liquid Sugar|
|Liquid Galenic Forms: syrups, drinkable ampoules, etc.|
|Suspensions: pasty products|
|Powders: single-serving sachet, dry syrups to rehydrate, effervescent powders|
|Direct Compression: tablets, granules|
|Granulation: granules, tablets|
|Coating: pastilles, tablets|
Our Services Around
For our customers in the Life Science industry, we additionally offer different services beyond the product itself.
Besides pharma-compliant excipients, Südzucker can support its clients with a broad range of services:
- Own pilot scale application technology equipment. We can utilize direct compression equipment, produce hard boiled lozenges, prepare powder mixes, liquid systems or even can coat pharmaceutical chewing gums
- Development of customized excipient solutions in case you require specific granulometries of our crystalline excipients
- Flexible range of packaging options. We can supply non-standard weight big-bags adjusted to the size of your batch. Batches for delivery can be pre-sampled on request
- Provision of Certificates of Conformity per production batch of our products, in compliance with the requirements of the Sucrose Monograph of the European Pharmacopoeia (excluding dextrins and endotoxins)
- On Request: Provision of Certificates of Analysis for Ph sugar delivered, in compliance with the requirements of the Sucrose Monograph of the European Pharmacopoeia (excluding dextrins and endotoxins)
- You can call on our extensive R&D experience and expertise of natural sucrose solutions and their characteristics and functionalities
- Open to discuss open innovation cooperations. We appreciate being challenged and can use a broad range of technologies and production capabilities
Get in Touch
Are you interested in our sucrose based excipient products? Do you want to know more about further customization possibilities for our sucrose based excipients?
Do you have further questions or need support to select the right sucrose based excipient product?